9/1/12

Coffeeshop writing session, take 3.

Alright, so I guess my 5 readers all know that the last attempt at coffeeshop writing went horridly. I didn't get any work done and it was a huge mass of bad luck and bad experiences. So this  time I am back up in the first shop that I attempted this in, and it's going well. I've actually gotten quite a big chunk written and things are going good so far. It helps that it is very much writing weather outside; it's cold and rainy and windy and the kind of weather even rainy day enthusiasts hate.

I had to meet with an author earlier and discuss a series of new character sketches because he's changed his mind about the book he's writing. Which is good money, I guess, for me, but bad luck for him because now he has five useless designs. I don't understand why people would pay me so much money to do this stuff if they're not sure about it, it just doesn't make sense.

I guess they've got real jobs on the side and have money to spare.

So now I am waiting on a friend I am supposed to meet here for a coffee. I went to high school with him and we spent a lot of time together before I moved out and took off to a different city for University. However, he's now moving out of the country so we're doing a quick coffee before he leaves.

Then I have two more customer meetings before I start up on another realism design for another customer and then that will take me to bed time. But between the customer and the friend I have 3 hours so I thought I'd stick around and write. Turns out it was totally productive.

BUT GUESS WHAT. Tomorrow, my life gets momentarily exciting!

My all-time music hero (that isn't a drummer) Paul Brandt is doing a show in Edmonton tomorrow... for free! And it's quite unexpected. I happened to see the announcement over Twitter (side note, follow me @artineverysense) and so it's come as a complete surprise. I'm reeling. I've never seen him live before and the thought of witnessing that much musical awesomeness on a live stage is enough to make my head spin. I won't be sleeping tonight.

OR FOR THIS WEEK BECAUSE GUESS WHAT AGAIN.

I. GET. TO. SEE. ERIC. LAMAZE. LIVE.

I'm going to die of excitement overload. Seriously. My head is pounding because I'm so excited.

For those of you who missed my Olympic spaz-out week (lucky you if you did), Eric Lamaze is my hero of everything horse. I stayed up all night every night for a week just to watch this guy ride live on TV, and now I'm spending money I probably can't afford to to pay for gas so my friend will drive me down to Calgary to see him in at Spruce Meadows next Sunday, where they will be doing a Hickstead tribute in the morning.

Amazing. I will probably cry.

So I'm not sleeping this week. I have enough excited energy to last me years. It's not going to be pretty.

My ex-boyfriend/still-good-friend/horse trainer/Grand Prix competitor keeps bugging me about he's already met the guy/competed alongside him a few years back. He will never let me live it down.

Though I wouldn't get the same opportunity anyways because I don't showjump at Grand Prix level anyways. Pfft.

Anyways, that's my life right now. I have 20 minutes to finish up my writing session before my friend gets here. Ciao.

... side-note, I asked a guy to momentarily watch my possessions about an hour ago so I could run to the bathroom and he's been awkwardly glancing in my direction ever since. Every time I look up he's watching me and then he smiles and gives a wave.

I think he's flirting with me but I'm socially inept and thus have no idea. Sometimes I really really curse my social anxiety. He's pretty good-looking. Grrr.

Makes up for the fact that I got asked out by a 40yo man via napkin yesterday. I should post pictures of it. Holy. Yes. I will when I get home.

ANYWAYS. WRITING TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment