5/24/12

Blogging in the awkward silence.

Because I need something to do while Laura and Ian sit in silence, feigning ignorance. Well, Laura. Ian's just ignorant. I don't understand it.

Oh good. They've left. Well.

This afternoon has been the most frustrating. Not the most frustrating ever, just frustrating. My mother does this thing, she always has, where she will say "I am going to call you." Then she never does. Except she lives all the way down in Florida. And as we've established, I'm a starving student, cannot afford long distance fees. So I harry her over e-mail and text, which gets ignored, which naturally is accompanied by a sense of rejection and abandonment. I get that I'm a grown woman and all but I probably talk to my mother once every two or three months. I guess I just keep expecting that I might mean something to her one day, mean enough for her to take 5 minutes to give me a shout, check in and make sure I'm still kicking.

Problem is, I have a buyer for some of my artistic-related things. A steep buyer. We're talking $1500 worth of buyer, and the things he wants to buy... well, my mother has them in Florida because she thought she would be smarter than me at marketing them. Well, she gave them to a store to promote, and they've been collecting dust for almost 2 years now. But, suddenly, someone wants to buy a stack of my originals, and about 5 of the ones he wants are in this store. I've been bugging her for these pieces for over a year now and she's only just tried to get them back, and I'm furious. They are my creations, they should be in my possession, not that of a stranger. And I could have made rent on time this month, but now it's not looking good.

Stress, stress, stress.

I spent my afternoon sipping on the bitter tea and throwing a rubber bouncing ball in the air, distracted by the resentment towards myself and my family, and my financial deficiencies. How artistic of me. I found the scene pretty ironic, I have to say, in its own sense, and actually found it eventually hilarious, thinking about the picture I was creating. It gave me a painting idea, even.

But then I realized I was brooding on irony and almost had a heart attack. Had to check to be sure I hadn't been bitten by one of... THEM. You know. Hipsters.

It's okay! I'm clear!!

So anyways, got another 2k words written for one of the novels. Not too shabby if you ask me. I'm expecting company soon, a good friend of mine, one of the very few I've allowed myself... and his girlfriend. Which is alright too! And Ian and Laura.

Who are BACK!

And Laura and I continued our conspiracy of making Ian very aware of her crush on someone other than him. And of course, as per usual, I feel like a dirty dirty scummy woman for doing it directly afterwards.

Ian is seriously mentally handicapped somewhere, I swear. He KNOWS she likes this guy but he keeps lying to himself. I CAN SEE IT IN HIS EEEEEEYES.

No seriously. 

Okay, maybe I'm going a little crazy from all the brooding artistry. I blame the tea.

Good thing people are coming over for a movie night so it can distract me from work for an evening! Grudgingly, I admit, I always go into these mild modes of panic when I'm not desperately working at scraping an artistic living.

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Antisocial.

No comments:

Post a Comment