5/31/12

I did it!!

Rent is due tomorrow, and I JUST submitted a commission to a customer and got paid, gaining exactly enough currency to pay my rent, electricity, and even have some pocket change left over for a few groceries. Now I just have to get up super early in the morning and get it all transferred to my landlords in a completely different city. All has worked out, as it always seems to do at the last minute. Breathe a sigh of relief with me, everyone, that was a close one.

Now I sit here with writer's block trying to progress so maybe I can make some deadlines, and I have to start securing funds for next month... ugh.

So now I'm stuck with 2/3 of my roommates and a few friends from the arts school, watching in mild amusement as they yell and panic over the final boss in the Legend of Zelda game for the Wii. Apparently they've been taking turns in the game and advancing together and now this one friend is taking on the final boss. And it's funny, mostly because this is a man who's spastic and obnoxious and freaks out easily and swears a lot. It's hilarious watching him trying to beat a frustrating part.

Oddly enough, I'm not one for video games. I love watching for the stories and the art but I dislike playing many of them. More often than not I just show up and watch them go along, in silent amusement as they yell at the inanimates onscreen.

I ran a training run today, the full 10k, only 4 minutes and 19 seconds slower than I want to do in three months. Which makes me think I should raise my standards of myself... we'll see. I'm feeling rather exhausted and sore and stiff, but great.


No comments:

Post a Comment