5/28/12

Day 1 of the next step of moving forward.

Just away from the chaos that was yesterday.

Today is about starting to train for the 10k and quick-fixing the money problem. We'll see how it all plays out!

Got lots of sleep last night, which is rare, and started out my focus diet of high fiber, protein, calcium, and iron and low sugar. Oh, and high omega 3s which is a reason for me to be grudging because I HATE fish. Hate it. It's so gross. And low sugar means I can't smother the fish taste with anything.

Thanks a lot, running. Making me do stupid healthy things.

Not that I was unhealthy before, I just have to focus eating specifically for intensive training.

So this morning breakfast was oats and a teaspoon of honey in milk. Makes for good cereal, by the way. Then a couple of carrots and an egg fried without butter or oil, a cup (only a cup... sigh...) of coffee with fat-free milk and no sugar (I hate you, focus diet). One cup of water to chase the coffee and now carrying a glass around with me for more water.

The thing about running is you need to build muscle and store energy. You need strong bones, hence the calcium. Things like coffee are good, actually, but only in small doses. So when I made my cup of coffee this morning, I actually diluted it with a HUGE amount of milk (about 1/3 of the mug). Coffee contains high levels of antioxidants and a few other things that help your system out a bit. So a cup a day is good for you.

So starting this morning a little grumpy due to yesterday's events, but excited for this 10k business. We'll see how the money thing plays out.



No comments:

Post a Comment