5/26/12

Part of me doesn't understand blogging.

Really, my purpose of blogging is just to get the jumbled thoughts out of my head and off of my computer. I don't want to write them down on paper and store them in a Wal*Mart-bought faux-leather tanned-pages book and keep it on my bookshelf to scream at the world "I HOLD ALL OF PERSON'S PROBLEMS AND DOINGS!" and I also don't want to write them in a word processor on my computer and leave them there, either. Because then they're still just sitting there.

So really this blog is for my own mental well-being, not for others to read. Except it's "public" (I've hidden it on only the best parts of the internet!) so I guess it's a bit for stalker-readers too.

But I kinda just feel every time I hit "publish," I'm going on a self-promoting, asinine adventure. And I'm not really one to brag about myself or really tell people about the things I do. I'm the person who sits in a large group, only to intently watch as conversation progresses.

It's beneficial; I've learned a LOT about body language and facial expressions. TRY TO LIE TO ME NOW, YOU FIEND! But my conversational skills have, for lack of a better word, suffered. Once I warm up to individual people, which usually takes a while (2-9 months), I can talk but I tend to be awful at organizing my thoughts and explaining things to them, which can be amusing.

Good writer-skills, hey? Dangit.

So the fact that I'm just kinda talking about my life to potential passers-by is a little frightening. But I tell myself, I find individuals fascinating, maybe someone else does too. I would LOVE for someone to be analyzing my life like I would theirs. Weird, hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment