5/27/12

This life. This... life.

This morning started out like any other Sunday morning for me. Which generally sees me in my religion's place of worship (please don't stop reading because of that. Seriously. I'm nothing if not honest here).

After what I must say was a very soul-healing morning, I came home to receive a phone call from my mother (finally), only to tell me she cannot possibly transfer the $700 that I made off of an American customer for a job a few months ago. The system for American customers is that she gets sent the money and deposits it into my American bank account. However, this time it went to her bank account where she forgot about it. And now "can't afford" to give it to me just now. But my rent is due in 3 days... so I'm screwed, quite plainly. I'll be sure to let you all know how I manage to pull a few hundred dollars out of my ass in the next 3 days.

So much for soul-healing. I spent the rest of the day on my bedroom floor, throwing a ball at the ceiling. It's a surprisingly calming activity, usually helps me relax enough to continue work or calm the hell down.

I spent the rest of the day looking for something to take my mind off of this ridiculousness. Really my mother is using this emergency to say "look, see, you can't make a living off of just art, you just might have to go flip burgers." Well I would have made a living just fine if it weren't for this BS!

At any rate.

I've decided to train for a 6-mile race that will take place in a few months. Will get me out of the house every once in a while to train and build up stamina. Right now a 2-mile run is about average for me, so theoretically in the next 3 months I just have to triple it. Piece of cake.

I've never run a race before, save for junior high school track and field, so naturally I'm nervous as hell.

We'll see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment