6/14/12

Artists are hermits.

And as such we have serious exhaustion problems when dealing with extended social situations.

I'm just mentally fried, here. What you can't see from your screen is that I initially typed "friend" instead of "fried." Oh, and I did it again. Just proves my point.

At any rate. I've spent the past three days in business meetings with a new big-name client, visiting friends who all decided the time to get back in touch with me was this weekend, meeting up with a lady who wants to hire me to do a week-long art camp with a bunch of 5-10-year-olds, along with a bunch of field trip supervision stuff. Which would all be good and well, but there's this thing where I'm slightly terrified of screwing someone's kid up. Also, I have no idea what I would teach art-wise to small children other than how to potentially start to see simple shapes in every day life.

But apparently some of them are forced into this thing by their parents, and have no real interest in art. So I'm also supposed to teach reluctant kids. Great!

Also I've been out to see like five bands in the past week consisting of my old schoolmates. I'm all socialized out, I want my little isolation back. Which sounds... odd, I will admit, but seriously I'm so tired from constant social stimulus, which makes my already active brain-wheels turn even faster, as I explained before, from thinking about which direction the conversation is moving. All I want to do now is lie in bed. Forever. All day. Or something of the sort.

I just can't get over how mentally exhausting that was.

No comments:

Post a Comment