6/25/12

Crazy weeks ahead.

 So this week has lasted for two days and it's already been insane.

Yesterday I woke up at some obscene hour in the morning to make it to an early-morning church rehearsal before sitting zombie-eyed through the service only to play the music set at the end and nearly pass out in my roommate's car on the way home. I may or may not have drooled all over his car. 



At some point in the ride, he decided for us that we would head to his parent's place for lunch, and as his parents are as unreadable as he is, I felt that my half-dead state could not handle it very well and melted into a silent anxiety attack that lasted through the whole meal. Though his parents seem to like me an unsettling amount, so I think they overlooked it. His father certainly sympathizes with my pathetic shortcomings in social adequacy.

After the nerve-wracking meal I headed home to begin work on an audition video for a professional country-blues band I would like to join. I got about three songs into making the video and gave up for the day (I have a few more days to finish it) and worked on instead practicing a bit to keep up, so I don't faceplant in any of my upcoming performances.

My practice was violently interrupted by my group's bass player who had finally hunted down the stupid studio guy who had magicked off with our band's demo tracks, which he had secured and gave to me. But now my band wants these tracks mixed and as I am the only one with any music-technology background and professional programs, I'm stuck with the job.

After slaving at that for a few hours with my bandmates pestering me about the completedness of the tracks, I retreated to lock myself in my room to deal with other things. My website for my art business is being closed down due to the hosting company's closure, so I've been frantically re-coding another website to finish this week before my original one is destroyed with fire.

After that I worked on an art piece for a while, wrote a few hundred words to satisfy my almost-hired publisher, worked a bit on a sponsorship proposal and swiftly headed for bed.

This morning has been no better. Still working on mixing those tracks and the sponsorship proposal. In a couple of hours, I need to make my way down to a coffee shop an hour's bike ride away to meet up with a band's manager who is hiring me into a well-established, gigging country group, and after that meeting I am briefly meeting with another band's manager who has already hired me into a latin jazz group. Then I am meeting with my corporate customer who is paying me my deposit before running into another part of town by my old university to sort out some rent solutions with a cash store and mail some money orders to my landlords. That will take me well into the late evening where I will commence with some concept sketches and write a few hundred more words in my novels.

The rest of the week isn't looking any better. I have to complete a huge oil painting for this corporate lady in a week, along with a few other concept sketches for her. I also have to finish mixing these tracks, put together a media package, go to about six rehearsals for bands/upcoming shows, finish coding my website, play three gigs, and handle all my bills for this month. If I have time, I also have to send out my media package, work on promotions for my art, start throwing together rough transcripts for my publisher, and actually find time to go out and buy new art stuff because my supplies are dying.

Not to mention that besides all of this, I am still training for a 10k run and making art lesson plans for children. 

That's a lot to do in a week...

No comments:

Post a Comment