6/23/12

Freakin' Feline Fooding Fund

Okay, so that's not what this post is about, but it IS what I said in a rant to my cat, so I had to put it somewhere.

So things have been a bit crazy here keeping up with life. Been training for my race, making money, traveling, working trying to figure out children things for my teaching gig, fixing things, writing, having a semi-social life, so it's been good!

Tomorrow I have a mystery job. My musician friend told me to come in business attire at some place at some time and I would make extra money. I don't care too much what it is, money. Which is pathetic, but come on, I'm an artist.

Getting a bit screwed over, though, on the artist front. Corporate lady is trying to call all sorts of monetary shots and I have to keep reminding her that, hey, we agreed on all these pricings already.

So she's striking back by making it all happen on HER own schedule, which is ridiculous.

Also, I've gotten three calls to be in professional, hired bands. So that will start making money along with my current band which is also hired out often.

Also have a bit of interest in my novel from a publisher who wants to potentially sponsor part of the novel, which is a bit new. I've sold writings before, but none this extensive. Just having trouble explaining to him that if he sponsors one of my novels he has to sponsor the other because they're happening at the same time which is apparently a hard concept to grasp, but whatever.

Point is, between practicing for band auditions, working my ass off for corporate amounts of art, writing like mad to get a decent chunk of manuscript ready, transcribing music in hopes of making money as an arranger, working odd jobs, coming up with lesson plans, fixing the stuff that's breaking in the house, and biking all over a huge city because I don't have a car but I need art supply estimates... I think I'm ready for a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment