6/28/12

Sleep deprivation

I'm so sleep-deprived that I typed "sleep depression" into the title and stared at it for a full minute trying to figure out what was wrong with it.

Why?

Yesterday I was already sleep-deprived (hence the slightly bitchy post), but THEN I had a day filled with frustration and a slight battle with even more procrastination, but got a lot done and was able to deal with stupid-schedule customer civilly, which is a feat (or so I am quickly discovering).

I woke up yesterday after going to bed at my usual obscene hour. I checked the time and I had only gotten 4 hours of sleep, and as it is usual for me to do that, I carelessly began to fall back asleep before being caught in the grips of a panic attack. Something was wrong. I groggily sat up and fumbled with my laptop to turn it on and check my digital calendar, and sure enough, I had a rehearsal in an hour.

I dragged myself out of bed, threw some half-decent clothes on (tank top and tattered jeans... how rockstar of me...), grabbed my drum sticks and boogied on over to the bus stop just in time to catch the one bus that would take me immediately to my rehearsal. By the time my rehearsal was over, I had to get to work on my day and had no time to catch up missed sleep. I had a bit of a go with the customer and after a million drafts of concepts that she just wasn't happy with, I finally was able to come up with something that got a good response, and I decided to call it a day. At 1am.

Well the show that I was playing that I had a rehearsal for yesterday was at 8am this morning (WHO WANTS LIVE MUSIC AT 8AM?! Crazy people, that's who...) so I had to get up at 5 so I could be all fancy-looking and out of the house at 6:30 so I could get to the venue at 7 for set up and sound check.

Noon rolls around, and I have to have a phone call with one of my regular customers, meet a guy who just bought my surround sound stereo system, and sort out my bills and stuff which the post office royally screwed over. Then I had to practice for my audition a bit, but quickly crapped out because I'm so sleep deprived, and here I am. I'm highly considering marching off to the nearest coffee shop and buying a huge bucket of coffee. That's right, a BUCKET. Because I need to have a rehearsal with the bass player that I'm auditioning with tomorrow, just to be sure we're tight and can impress the super band.

And then I have to have SOMETHING to show my customer AND my publishers. I seriously can't wait for this weekend. I'm skipping town to go into a remote part of the country with no one around so I can relax and reset my brain, because it is in serious danger of exploding. Violently. I'm SO TIRED.

I don't get enough sleep as is except for weekends, so less than usual just kills me.

Also, I'm considering starting to throw up cartoons or something drawing/picture related to potentially gain readers other than the internet air.

No comments:

Post a Comment