6/2/12

A social day for the artist.

Yeah. See, I don't do a lot of social stuff, mostly because I work behind locked doors all the time. And you wonder why my posts start to get a bit moody.

My activities, mainly, consist of locking myself away and writing, sitting in the kitchen for a meal and writing, sitting at a table in the basement and drawing (demanding that no one disturbs), locking myself in the basement and practicing drums, one-on-one student teaching, running for hours on end when I can, lying down and throwing a ball at the ceiling, and training for martial arts with my one martial arts student, that I only have because he asked me to teach him and who am I to turn down money.

It isn't that I don't enjoy being social, I just have stuff to get done. When I was in music school, I was either working on my computer (with headphones on) to study the music I was working on, or I was in a little practice room playing drums. In between then I would hang out with my classmates as we drank untold amounts of coffee and acted like 5-year-olds just because we were so deliriously tired.

But today is a rare day when I end up filling my day with things that involve other people. The odd day I socialize in the evenings, but today is great.

I'm going off to the gym with a couple of friends and I'm going to treadmill train with company. I hear talking and running is good for your lungs. Then I'm going to spend some time with an old classmate of mine that I haven't seen in nearly 6 months. Then, with a group of friends, off to watch a band consisting of my former classmates, just for a fun evening.

Should be good. Might break me out of the antisocial shell I've made over this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment