8/9/12

I am going to a horse farm this weekend.

I realized through this week's sleepless panic and obsession over Olympic equestrian events that I need to get the hell out of this city and go love on some horses. And I know I said I was going to stop with the horse spam here but I just realized it's still such a huge part of my life that I seriously just FORGOT about/pushed to the back of my mind because I'm so obsessed with establishing myself as an artist and musician. I seriously STOPPED thinking about how my actual real-life eventual place to end up is on a horse farm running my own training facility. Seriously. Drawing professionally is just a thing I do because I'm good at it, and music because it was the only thing I could bear going to school for. And through music school I fell deep in love with music but recent events show that I am most certainly not in love with the industry.

So I'm packing my bags tomorrow morning and heading out to spend some time on my friend's ranch (And by friend I mean more like much-older-closest-thing-I've-had-to-a-good-mother-figure friend) to hang with some ponies, get some rides in, and be far, far, FAR away from the city and far, far, far, faaaaar away from the people who just recently tipped my life on its back.

And when I get back, I am going to start job searching. That's right. I'm going to get a real job doing real things, but I am going to get the job in the horse or art industry, either selling and promoting equipment or teaching lessons or working in administration so I won't hate my life as much. And through that work, I'm going to start saving for the future, I'm going to buy an OTTB, and I'm going to start riding again.

That's the plan right now, anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment