8/26/12

Procrastination and the lazy artist.

I DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING TODAY. Nothing. Not. A. Damn. Thing.

You know what I've done today?

I walked 10 minutes to the pet store to buy a mouse for my snake because he's hungry.

It's 4:30pm.

You know what I NEED to do today? I need to fix a painting that a customer hated, I need to get to work on a commission someone is picking up tomorrow (so I have tonight and tomorrow morning to do it), and I need to put some ink on a character sketch I did for an author.

And speaking of authors!

I WANT TO WRITE SO DAMN BAD. I've been grudgingly sitting around doing nothing because I don't want to paint and I do want to write, but I have to paint and I'm not letting myself write until my damn deadlines for fine arts are met so I'm in a bit of a conflict with myself which I'm sure would send a therapist, should I have one, over the edge. It's sad. I should really just fix this painting... it's only going to take a couple of hours. But I really dislike painting.

Yeah. I dislike it. I became a professional artist because I thought everyone would love my drawings and I could bask in the loving glow of my beloved graphite forever.

But everyone's all OUUU I LOVE YOUR OIL PAINTINGS MAKE ME ONE SO I CAN BE A PICKY PICKY CUSTOMER ABOUT IT BECAUSE I'M RICH AND I PAY YOU STUPID AMOUNTS OF MONEY FOR IT.

Okay, so I do make about $30 an hour for my oil paintings, so they are good money...

But I charge that much because I hate doing them and I hold the hopes up that if they're that expensive less people will want them. But I just think it sends the message that they're super high class instead, and rich people want them.

Really I'm just blogging right now to complain about nothing to avoid doing work. I'm feeling so unmotivated again.

Okay. I'm going to get to work, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment