8/17/12

Sometimes listening to old sayings can save you some terror.

Ever hear the saying "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"? Now, I'm not a violent person, nor do I really believe in revenge, because seriously, "hurting someone back" is not going to solve my crisis. But what I do believe in is honesty. And when you're dishonest to/about me, shit's going to fly.

So there's that bass player "friend" that I joined the touring band with. We've been friends since high school, and have been in multiple bands together. THEN he turned around and trashed talked me to the band/downplayed my playing abilities/suggested the band would be better off without me, and got me fired.

Okay, so that hurt, yes, but really if that was all he did I would have just let him go about his smug dishonest life and just steer clear of him until I feel better. And then theoretically eventually the band will realize that he doesn't practice his instrument and can him too. But that would just be icing on my floaty cake of "I'm a Christian and therefore not emotionally capable of holding a grudge against you for fear of feeling guilty." Haha... ugh, man, Christian humor is bad. Okay no, actually, I just don't care what he does with his life.

However, I may have mentioned... b*tch owes me money.

A lot of it.

$150 of it because I sold him a bass guitar and agreed to let him pay it in two payments.

Only his first payment was two months ago, and we'd agreed on two payments two weeks apart. I WAS just letting it go because he was a friend and also a musician and thus pretty hard done by money-wise, but now he's been ignoring me because he knows he f*cked up, and it's been a bit since I got fired, and I want my money. Especially seeing how the band's gigs were how I was paying for my bills.

But, like I said, he's ignoring my phone calls and messages and e-mails about the money and refusing to pay it.

So I did what any other sane farm-kid would do and called up a couple of my farming buddies that also went to high school with us that I knew he would be in contact with. And I explained what happened, thinking it would be easier to get him through a third party. 

The boys were "not surprised" that he had done what he had done (goes to show they're a lot smarter than me) and promised to get me my money. It helps that one of them has been calling himself my "big brother" for almost 10 years now and the other had a huge crush on me in HS and has since joined the military (and now I might have a crush on him!! Haha... juuuust kidding... sort of...). So basically, I don't want to know what they said to him, but they showed up this morning with my money and said "he said he's sorry for taking so long."

I kiiiinda felt like a mafia member or something.

They didn't hurt him, but I know that he's intimidated by them. And who wouldn't be? Two 6'5" farm boys, one of which is a soldier? Hah.

So, don't lie about me and then cut connections when you owe me money. You very well might end up soiling your pants.


In other news, my cat will NOT stop eating plastic bags...

No comments:

Post a Comment