8/16/12

Quiet morning, working day.

It's fast approaching afternoon, and I've taken my time getting going today. I got up slowly, for once (yesterday didn't count, I was awake but battling the demon of a cold room!) and actually took the time to look like a normal human today. Though my "normal human" is brushed hair, wearing pants, and some semblance of makeup.

After a good breakfast I made some phone calls and got some financial stuff sorted out, so I may actually have comfortable finances after all in spite of everything! Yay! I might not have to get a real person job after all. Though I'm still very seriously considering the show jumping job because I love horses and training them, and I haven't done it in so long.

But today will not be about that. Unfortunately. Today will be about drawing! And lots of it... I need to put some character design rep out on my website because authors are getting tired of looking at real-life people that I've drawn and want something more... uh... conceptual? And I can't put up old examples of others' designs because authors are rabid and if their characters pop up online I won't live long enough to fix my mistake.

So I'll just make some up of my own characters and toss them up there. Who knows, maybe you lucky readers will get a sketch or two!

On a side note, my editor is destroying my vocab. I don't know what the point of having an impressive vocabulary is if you aren't even allowed to use it in your own damn literature? Hey editor! If you don't use it, you lose it! And like HELL if I'm going to let my precious word stores deplete. "Oh, but common people can't understand that level of writing to its fullest extent!" Yeah well then maybe my book can go to some intellectuals. Urgh. No, I suppose I will just have to write commonly. Might as well keep it open to a full audience.

Hey! Like my angsty artist rant? It's like, my first ever! Did I do well? Hey?

Alright, now I'm just procrastinating getting to my drawings. I still have to run down to the coffee shop and buy a big cup of coffee to get me through the day; I am 100% out of coffee on this end. It's depressing. And then I do have to get to work. I have to have a concept sketch for annoying-corporate-lady by this evening that I really do not want to do. And then the character sketches and an outline for my first graphite commission in MONTHS. Which I'm stoked for, because graphite is my baby and I've been getting less and less of those commissions...

Okay. What else can I kill time with?

Oh, I got my first ever Twitter post today from some drumming page that thinks I need their tips real bad. They're called "drumming basics," so I'm thinking after 3 years of University I should be a bit past the basics, but alright, I bit.

" Did you know that you can improve your drumming speed joining a dance or kickboxing class?"

" yes. Although I think 2 hours of pad practice a day is a lot more beneficial =P"

See in my mind, I work out enough as it is without that, and I do hours upon hours of technical exercises every week on a drum pad to better my technique and speed. Which, in my mind, is going to help a lot more than going dancing. Because really it's all about building muscle, and the RIGHT muscle. And even horse riding is a better option because it works on MANY of the same muscle groups as drumming.

Unfortunately I don't want to be too bitchy so I just responded with my technical habits, did a little self-satisfied strut in my house, and left it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment