8/13/12

Some quick revisions, a frustrating day, and a potential opportunity arises.

Something you don't see is that I ALWAYS start typing my posts with "Okay, so." It's because that's what I start every story with. But I always give it a funny look and delete it. Anyways. Onto your scheduled programming.

Did a quick revision to the blog, made it a photo of a stage I played once in a percussion band. You'll get over the stress of change soon enough, I promise you.

Second, had a frustrating day. E-mailed another band with an audition video, hoping to redeem my self-esteem from the recent fiasco that was my termination. Then got a bitchy e-mail from an art customer telling me she's decided she hates the new painting I've given her and didn't feel the need to tell me until she'd had it for two weeks and the paint had set, so now I have to go over it with oils and let it set again with more headaches. AND she's bent the frame on the canvas, SOMEHOW, so I have to fix that too.

Wrapped up with a text message from a friend saying he had to cancel the one and only hiking trip I'd had planned for this summer (I used to backpack in the mountains... love hiking...) on the one and only day that worked for both of us because his other friend was suddenly more important than plans we'd had for a month. They want to go out drinking. So I was like "what the heck, bro!" and he just shrugged and said "sorry, ________ is taking off for a month and I want to go for drinks before they do." What a dink.

And then, not a big deal or anything, but still on the list of things-less-fun-than-sticking-your-hand-in-a-blender, I was unfortunately witness to a very tense silent argument between a mutual-friend-of-Laura-and-I and Laura. This friend is not in my close friends group, but I have known him since high school and then last year him and Laura dated for 4 months or something insignificant like that. Since then (it ended in February...) he's refused to get over her (no like, literally has said he will not try to get over her and will just wait for the feelings to be reciprocated again or for them to go away) but they were such good friends before that they want to still try to be friends. This has spawned, in the past two months, countless yelling matches and bitchy comments between the two of them, making everyone else in the room, including Oleo (my cat), feel stupid amounts of awkward. I'm serious. A comment flies and Oleo is like "f*ck this, I'm out of here." and books it out of the room.

ANYWAYS.

They were trying to figure out a music program on a computer and friend (Roy) flipped absolute shit (though impressively silently) over Laura not being able to find middle C on the program's onscreen keyboard. I was sitting in the room, trying to write, and watched this all go down. It ended with Laura and Roy staring at each other so intensely that you could feel heat coming off of their eye contact. Talk about knife-worthy tension. So I, in a high-pitched voice that would have made British Ian proud, I said "Well! I'm... going to go to bed." and scooped up my laptop and notebook. As I did so I noticed it was 8pm and definitely not bed time, so I stuttered an awkward "or... something... similar... in my room..."

It was all very smooth.


GOOD NEWS!!!

When I got to my room, I was greeted with an e-mail from the woman I stayed with this weekend. Over the weekend, we lined up three other weekends for me to head'er out to the farm and train up a couple of youngins/put some miles on them to beef them up for competition. She e-mailed her show jumper friend about my art because her friend was interested in a portrait of her stallion. Score number one, I get some portrait work. In conversation it was mentioned that I used to compete in showjumping, and the friend got overly excited and wants me to come out and prep about seven of her youngsters (4 and 5yo horses)/get some conditioning on them in the next month so she can bring them to a major Warmblood show next month/put them up for sale.

If that's not exciting enough, she wants me to show a few older ones throughout this season until it winds down late November-ish, and potentially take two of the 12yos into the states for a couple of shows in December.

So, I guess my plan to fall back into horses worked out for the better after all!


Will update when I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment