7/26/12

Another art day brings speed painting in real life

Every once in a while, in my oil painting adventures, I come across some odd piece of motivation that keeps me fixated on the piece that I'm doing, and so concentrated that I can finish one painting in a day, no matter how large it may be. For example, I am 1/4 done a painting I started OUTLINING this morning, and it's only 3:00pm.

These days scare the crap out of my customers because they get about 5 e-mails and text messages through the day with drastic photo updates. I usually leave out parts that I'm worried they may have an issue with, until they message back to give me the go-ahead, and I finish in a day. Makes them happy because then it's like "oh, I've got my painting a week earlier than I expected. Yay!" but at first they're like "holy crap what's happening?!"

So that's today.

But somewhere in here I have to fit in planning for camping that we're doing... tomorrow...

YEAH.

So there's this artist's day. Real-life speed painting and super planning. I own today.

No comments:

Post a Comment