7/3/12

When I can't write, I dick around on the internet.

Publishers have warned me that they dislike their writers putting any of their stuff online before it's published, for copyright reasons. And of course I would like to protect my work AND my anonymity here, but I have recently found Translate Party, that takes a sentence of yours and translates it back and forth from Japanese to English until it stops changing. So I thought I would insert a paragraph I wrote into this thing and see what it comes up with. And now I'm going to share it with you. Enjoy!

To relax, she is a little bit at the end of my statement. The young man was a threat from his first breath. He is taunted by a young man Sali fast child soldiers. Boy King and the clown, my mother earned his weed habit. Fortunately, he was heir to his brother, Aaron Phillip. Three juvenile poems, many young nobles hours study, his cousin tribe. All reviews are Aaron North stay 書して and reports.

Alright. So, that has literally NOTHING to do with my novel. There are no child soldiers, no one with a "weed habit," and no one named Aaron Phillip or Aaron North... and I don't even know about the random Japanese characters in there. Unfortunately for a reader, this is not funny at ALL. I don't know why I thought it would be funny. It's funny for ME, because I know what the paragraph ACTUALLY is, and it's hilariously different. You SHOULD be getting a character's background in that one paragraph, but good luck trying to find it there...


Basically that paragraph says a character was a threatening weed smoker (supported by a boy-king, a clown, and his mother) who was taunted by child soldiers. He is apparently heir to his brother. After that I have nothing. In reality, the background says that he was an undisciplined boy who dishonored his family, and his family was only saved by his older brother's reputation. That's all. I don't know where drugs came into it. Freaking golden, man! 


Alright, either back to writing or onto critiquing others' writing... which is more attainable...

No comments:

Post a Comment