7/17/12

More grownup stuff.

I hate being a grownup sometimes. I have THE MOST childish jobs I can think of (uh... playing the drums, painting/drawing, and making up stories? Come on.) and I STILL get smacked with the grownup stick every once in a while.

Like this morning. I woke up and life was standing over my bed with the grownup stick, grinning like he was going to screw up my day and love it. After the obligatory "good morning" I got whacked hard.

Today was a big mess of scheduling rehearsals and shows, coding websites, photography for the websites, putting layers of protective spray on an oil painting (which is tedious and annoying), fixing the railing going down to the basement, CLEANING the basement and scolding a roommate that left a big jar of pasta sauce on the counter for three days (until it molded) and causing me to lose my lunch on the floor due to, in case you missed the ever-popular puking on my roommate story, extreme allergies.

Now I'm waiting for a customer to come and pick up her painting and pay me for it and pay the next one's deposit. As soon as THAT happens, I will be off to my supplier to pick up her two huge canvases so I can start on her stuff ASAP and get paid again ASAP.

Tonight I need to try to finish with the basement, clean the snake tank, FEED the snake (fun fact: they only eat once a week!), clean cat litter, brush the cat because he's getting matted, trim his nails, and then go online and find a "exotics" vet near this house because I'm too far away from the snake's old vet to go there again (snake does not enjoy biking THAT much) and he's due for a checkup in a month.

Also have to finish budgeting for next month which is really hard when I don't have all of my gigs confirmed yet.

I just want to sit around without pants and get covered in paint and make loud noises with sticks. Is that too much to ask?!

1 comment:

  1. grown up stuff is the worst. stay young forever girl!!

    ReplyDelete