7/15/12

Shoes. All the shoes.

I don't have much time, I'm just killing a bit (of time!!) before my friend comes to pick me up for early morning Sunday shenanigans. Thought I'd throw a post up here because I FORGOT yesterday. Frick.

So I mentioned before I have a very small circle of friends due to the mental incapacity to deal with more than a few people at once without freaking out. It's not for lack of people trying to be my friend... I'm not THAT HARD of a person to get along with, but I'm just scared of everyone so I keep very few close. But what they lack in numbers they make up for in quirky and awesome.

So why not share some random and potentially embarrassing stuff about these awesome guys?

Starting with the youngest. A 19 year old young man.

This guy is awesome. Currently, he's sleeping in my basement because he was over super late and another violent thunderstorm was happening so he opted out of driving home. Which is fine by me!

He's also good friends with Laura, so they hung out to the small hours of the morning while I slept due to having to be up this early. How do I know he's here? I had to do some police work. The answer was shoes.

I live in a house with another girl, a guy who buys shoes and shower products like a girl (though I promise you he's not gay because it's Ian and he's in love with Laura... he's just British) and another guy who's all about the class and the fancy.

We have a lot of freaking shoes.

And *I* can't keep track of them. I can barely remember which ones are mine.

But my friend here, I can always tell if he's staying over by his shoes. This guy freaking loves shoes. He's a normal guy in EVERY OTHER WAY except he's WAY TOO EXCITED ABOUT SHOES. Going on vacation? Gotta get shoes.

And as a girl who really isn't THAT into shoes (okay I DO have like 6 pairs... or 7... maybe. I don't know) I don't get it.

But man. This guy can pick them out. They're usually really unique and very cool and very stylin'. The rest of him, well... he's a guy, so it's usually whatever t-shirt with whatever pair of jeans and a sweater if it's cold.

So basically I was walking downstairs and saw amidst our disorderly maze of shoes haphazardly strewn about the entrance hallway, a pair of graffiti'd converse. And that alone isn't really enough to clue me in because Ian wears converse all the freaking time, but this guy does LACE ART with his shoes.

I mean like, all 8 billiion pairs of his shoes are laced in a different way with different colors and different styles of laces.

So this particular pair had a sweet crisscross lacing pattern that half resembled the Spiderman logo or something, and I was all like "sweet, friend is here." Which is a good thing to realize right before you book it loudly into the basement (where he's sleeping) to obnoxiously pack up your drum stuff so you can play in church.

I was warned to go into ninja-stealth-drummer mode and packed up cymbals, sticks, a tambourine, and a snare drum without making a single noise.

Thank you, friend's shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment