7/7/12

I love my new website hoster!

So I might have mentioned that my hard-worked website for my fine art has been trashed due to the hosting site booting the non-pro members (AKA people who don't spend $20 a month for sub-par website hosting...) so I've had to start work on a new one on a new hosting site. I'd gone to make the switch before because the one I had was getting more and more infuriating with their ridiculousness, but all of the other hosting sites were just as, if not more, ridiculous, so I just stayed. However, now I've had no choice because my business's only form of showcasing is about to be destroyed, so I found one that didn't look too bad and hopped on board.

So I did a home page for the work, almost identical to my old one, and left because that's a lot of coding in a day, and I've just been coding the other pages in a text document. I'll go back in a week or so and paste them into the website, once they're all cleaned up, but today I got this letter from my hosting company and it totally made my morning.

We haven't seen you for a while, [name]!
It's been 6 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes and 42 seconds since you last logged in, and we're starting to get really worried.

We were just getting to know each other. You created 1 site, 1 page, dragged on 1 element, and then... nothing.

We were really excited for your new website, it had so much potential!

If you ran into any trouble along the way, we're here for you. Making your own website is fun, fast and easy with [company]. Best of all, you will have a website of your own to show to customers, clients, family or friends.

So we'll make it really, really easy to start working on your [company] website again: just [click here]!

If you have any questions, we'd love to help. Feel free to visit our Support Center or email us at [e-mail].


So it's a little creepy at the start, but I was easily able to overlook that because it's a machine and it's actually just incredibly amusing. I started the day off a little shaky due to an extreme anxiety attack last night, pretty much escalating to a full-blown panic attack so I woke up feeling emotionally gross and really, REALLY incapable of human interaction today. Then I got that e-mail and it was so amusing and great to see a company I am using so lighthearted that I actually feel a little bit better. 

I might talk about the panic attack later, but it was really nothing out of the ordinary. If you read my post on artist's depression, it will seem a lot less alarming and make a lot more sense. It might be depressing, though, so maybe don't. 

In closing, I leave you with a cute picture of a fennec fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment