7/9/12

Painting in the heat.

Okay. So I'm from Alberta, Canada, and something very awesome is happening right now. It's going to be above 30C (right now it's 35C which is around 95F) for OVER A WEEK and as someone who despises the ridiculously long winters we get (like, October - April...) I'm ecstatic. I am a woman, therefore I am just unstoppably cold all the time. Why do you think I have guy friends? I might PRETEND it's because I'm terrified of women, but REALLY it's because they are natural heaters and if you have good guy friends they let you hug them randomly.

Besides not being cold and not having to rely on being in a friend's personal space bubble to avoid hypothermia, it also means I don't have to wear pants as much. By that, I mean I can spend time sitting around in my underwear and a teeny shirt painting and no one can judge me because they're all like "OMFG IT'S HOT OUT" and I'm all like "SCORE NO PANTS DAY!" and they see my lack of pants and they're either super jealous or they join me.

And by they I mean my roommates because I can't leave my house in my underpants, that would be ridiculous.

So right now I am basking in this gloriously hot day, watching Harry Potter (more British people...) and painting all day in my sunny sunny bedroom, camped out on the floor because that's where I paint.

Fun fact of the day, spell check will recognize the word "whoopee!" That's outstanding.

I now leave you with a YouTube video that makes me cry laughing every time.


No comments:

Post a Comment